Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And when the results are out..

There are a lot of times when emotions just take over you.. and you fail to think rationally.. and most of the times it is because of the sheer amount of love you receive that makes you question whether you really deserve it. My college exams results were out this time and I scored a not-VERY-good 67% (the topper was at 82%) and the moment I calculated the percentage, I knew the score was not too good and was not going to help my aggregate. However, I did acknowledge the fact that the score could have turned out to be much worse and thanked God nevertheless.

And then it was time to call up my grandparents and tell them about my score.. and what followed was nothing short of magical. It so happened that my mom had already told them of my score when I was talking to a friend and I was greeted by the most energetic voices of my grandparents over the phone who could not stop praising my performance at the exam and went on to tell me that I had worked hard, and God always rewards those who work hard.The conversation lasted for a couple of minutes but not once could I sense anything other than pride in those soft, soothing voices that belonged to my grandparents..

As I put the phone down, I knew, the results were out.
The results were out, I was very lucky.
Very lucky indeed.

To have this unconditional love,
I was blessed and God had made a distinction.

:)

5 comments:

Riddhiman Basu said...

Thats a very good thought. And let me tell you exams are very poor yardsticks for judging someone, and in your professional life they would hardly matter. If you have belief in yourself, the grades will never stop you from excelling in life

Firebolt said...

Thanks a lot Riddhiman :)

I will keep those words in mind :) :)

- Sugar Cube - said...

sweet :))

Congratulations!

Lakshmi said...

Loved the post n the blog... Interesting Perspective... First time here... You ll be seeing me around :)

Firebolt said...

Thanks Sugar :)

Lakshmi,
Thanks for dropping by!
Will look forward to more comments!